Jr. Grand Prix
What is Grand Prix?
SATA member clubs host a series of tennis tournaments throughout the year for Juniors (10-18, boys and girls). SATA tracks SINGLES POINTS only. Participants accumulate points based on number of tournaments played and the outcome of their placement in those tournaments.
At the end of the season, SATA will host a final playoff tournament for the top 8 players who submit an application to participate. This will be a SINGLES ONLY event. A High Point Award will be awarded to players in each division of play.
Points are accumulated in the age category played. During the year, players should compete in age category that they are eligible to play in at the Finals Tournament in November.
Singles player standings will be published and updated after the completion of each tournament and the final results have been posted. These standings will be available for review on the SATA website.
Who can play in the Jr. Grand Prix?
Anyone wishing to play in competitive tennis may participate as long as they meet the general requirements of an individual tournament. Age groups are: 10 and under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16 and 17-18.
How are points awarded for Jr. Grand Prix?
- One (1) point will be awarded for entering a tournament.
- One (1) point will be awarded for each singles match won.
- If you draw a bye in the first round and you should win the next match, you will earn two (2) points.
- One (1) point will be awarded for defaults, no shows, etc.
- Two (2) points will be awarded for winning a tournament.
- If a tournament should use a round robin format, one (1) point will be awarded for each match won.
- First place finishers in the round robin will receive two (2) points.
- If a back draw or consolation draw is used, (1/2) points will be awarded for each round won and an extra point will be awarded to the winner.
- Points will be doubled for the SATA Grand Prix Top 8 Tournament at the end of the year. The top 8 juniors in each singles category who sign up will compete in the end-of-the-year event. The application for all SATA Grand Prix tournaments is available on this site. All points earned during the year will determine the end-of-the-year SATA ranking for that year. High Point Winners will be awarded a SATA High Point Winner Award.
If you have any further questions concerning the SATA Grand Prix High Point calculations or the Top 8 Tournament, please contact Dexter Fong – firstname.lastname@example.org